Karen Walker Number One Sunglasses |Tobacco/Brown, Cat Eye, Biodegradable & Eco
Sale Sold out
Regular price $134.99 AUD
Regular priceUnit price per
Karen Walker Number One Sunglasses
The Number One Sunnies by Karen Walker represents dramatic angles in geometric shapes. They all curve seamlessly into a more circular shape that merges into a signature shape. Karen Walker is a true legend in creating interesting shapes that sit well on the face! The Number One frame is no exception.
The frames are made out of premium bio-acetate, which is a more natural version of acetate made with wood pulp that’s cultivated and harvested according to the guidelines of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and a unique vegetable-derived solution that replaces traditional chemical plasticiser.
Since approximately 68% of its raw materials are obtained from natural and renewable sources, these frames are both bio-based and biodegradable.
- Alternative Fit – Featuring higher nose pads to prevent the frames from sliding or resting on the cheeks.
- Modernised cat-Eye Shape
- It provides good UV protection
- Provides high protection against sun glare
- Can be fitted with prescription lenses
- Crafted in premium bio-acetate to phase out chemical additives and optimise biodegradability at the end of life.
- Frame = acetate/plastic
- Crafted from premium bio-acetate to phase out chemical additives and optimise biodegradability at the end of life.
- Lenses: Non-polarised, carrot-tinted lenses; they are not the darkest tint and, therefore, not recommended for extreme glare.
- Shape: Alternative Fit, Fashion Statement, Cats-Eye shape
- Lens Width: 62cm
- Nose Bridge: 13cm
- Temple Width: 145cm
Karen Walker lives in the sweet spot where chic meets eccentric.
Karen Walker is an eccentric and uniquely elegant Kiwi fashion designer from New Zealand. As an icon of celebrating individuality and alternative beauty, she has a cult-like following for her eyewear collection. She debuts her styles each season as part of New York Fashion Week. Besides her renowned Eyewear collection, the brand also contributes ready-to-wear, jewellery, bags, fragrance and even homewares. She is also incredibly savvy at collaborating with various creative designers.
Karen Walker is a go-to fave amongst many celebs! Her clothing has been seen on well-known names such as Björk, Rihanna, Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Lopez, Natalie Portman, Claire Danes, Zooey Deschanel, Liv Tyler, Christrina Hendrix, Alexa Chung, Beth Ditto, Charlize Theron and Kate Winslet. The list goes on!
Karen Walker is included in The Business of Fashion's BoF500 as one of the 500 people who shaped the global fashion industry in 2015, 2014 and 2013.
Karen Walker has a sustainability mantra. It is: "We're niche, boutique and global." They strive to create a few stylish pieces that will last for decades and not fill closets and landfills.
Karen lives a simple and clean life in beautiful New Zealand with her husband Mikhail and her daughter Valentina.